Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Mute

I'm so tired - so exhausted from screaming into the void.

I've always been a fighter. Always. I speak out when I see injustice. I write. I reach out to the media to communicate about, among many things, my illness, in a desperate hope to help myself and others.

But it all goes nowhere.

It's all for naught.

Injustice continues.

I believed Abraham Lincoln when he said, "All men are created equal."

But even he didn't stand solidly behind that.

Not really.

And neither do we, as a society.

Put simply, some people's lives are just more important than others.

And the injustice of that sickens me.

My God tells me every soul is worthy - has merit - deserves dignity.

Or maybe that's just my conscience, because even the Torah seems to put prices on people's heads.

So here we are.

I see injustice in the world.

Tekun Olam requires me to address those injustices I see.

But my efforts are grains of sand against a mighty sea.

I am worn away into nothingness.

But my dissolution means nothing, because I am one of those lives that doesn't matter.

I am one of those voices that doesn't carry.

No comments:

Post a Comment