Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Not every post can be uplifting

Ladies and gentlemen, there is no other way to put this: I am losing my hair.

For more than obvious reasons, this is devastating to me.

My hair was the only thing about me that I ever consistently thought was pretty...the only aspect of my appearance that really made me proud.

And now it's falling out in handfulls.

And I don't know why.

As you can see, my scalp is red and irritated. It's itchy or painful often.

The itchy/painful feelings only became apparent to me over the last month or so.

I'm not sure how recently I started balding. The spot is on the back of my head, so it took my hairdresser pointing it out with a big mirror for me to see.

Has this ever happened to you?

Perhaps you can shed some light?

Is this the dysautonomia? The birth control pills? I am presently on antidepressants, a proton pump inhibitor, and birth control...all of which can cause hair loss.

My parents say it's stress - but I don't think stress causes red scalp and scalp pain...

I'm really hurting today, readers.

Really upset.

I can't articulate how much this hurts and scares me...

I guess sometimes a picture (or two) is worth a thousand words?

No comments:

Post a Comment