Wednesday, September 16, 2015

I MAY HAVE FOUND MY ANSWER - ON THE DANGERS OF CIPRO

I am furious and excited - I think I may have found at least a part of my answer!

When I first got sick, it was with uterine and gastro problems. To address these problems, I was given several antibiotics - among them, CIPRO.

I ceased taking the Cipro after I was prescribed a different antibiotic by a gynecologist. Following my polypectomy, however, I was told by a nurse to take the Cipro again for 5 days to stave off potential infections.

Within days of following this regimen, I developed burning pains in my thighs, hands and feet. It feels as if my skin in these regions is on fire, and I frequently use ice to numb these areas. When my thighs are not burning, they feel weak, like they might not hold me if I try to walk.

Also, my vision started to go blurry. Now I sometimes have perfectly clear vision, sometimes blurry, often light sensitive/unable to adjust to changing light.

GUESS WHAT CAN CAUSE ALL OF THESE SYMPTOMS?

THESE ANTIBIOTICS! - and not just while a patient is taking them. The FDA has issued warnings - STRONG ones against Cipro and its cousins - that use can result in neuropathy (the burning and weakness in my hands, feet and legs) and potentially permanent vision changes/vision loss.

I am presently waiting to see a neurologist, and I plan to tell him/her what I have found.

So far, this is the only plausible explanation I have found for my symptoms (not the uterine bleeding and stomach upset, but for everything that came on after).

I will keep you posted on what I find - I am trying to read websites about healing from what victims call "Floxing". We shall see what the neurologist says, but I plan to implement the natural remedies I have found on several sites to see if I can't facilitate some healing (Some people took years to recover from Cipro. Some never recover.)

Please pray for me. And, if you are so inclined, do some research on the neuropathic and vision dangers of Cipro.

No comments:

Post a Comment