Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Broccoli Speak: It's Definitely A Thing

I shall institute a new saying: "broccoli speak."

Were ol' Webster to define it, the breakdown would look a lil' somethin' like this:

broccoli speak: (v) 1. to insist on speaking on a mundane topic without acknowledgement that Erin has just mentioned something epic. 2. to continue on with a blase conversation overlooking Erin's brilliance in the interim.

Ex:

Friend: What would you like to have for dinner tonight?

Erin: I am writing a new screenplay. Bow before me.

Friend: So...broccoli then?

...

In short- broccoli speak: (n) a killing offense.

2 comments:

  1. So do I have your permission to use this new term in polite conversation? I promise not to pander it off as my own..love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Amanda...I'd be offended if you DIDN'T!

      Delete