Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Tele-doom

I am terrified by the sound of my telephone.

Every time it rings, I know that this is it. This is the call I have been dreading. This is the call where I receive confirmation of my most recent greatest fear.

"I'm sorry, Miss Greer, but we've decided to go with another candidate."

For the first time in my life, I really, really want this job I interviewed for. In the past, I have wanted a job, and the job in front of me would "do." I've always interviewed well. Apparently, when I actually really want a position, I interview poorly.

When questions are posed, I get all stammer-y. Knowing I am making a buffalo's ass out of myself, I attempt insta-verbal correct, which results in an incessant stream of spoken nonsense, digging my initial hole ever deeper until it becomes an insurmountable abyss.

She said the call would come this week.

Please, dearsweetbabyelephants, make this call a good one. Make my interviewer fond of buffalo asses. Or, at least fond of abyss scaling!

C'mon team elephants!

1 comment:

  1. I love buffalo asses. My favorite asses of all.

    ReplyDelete