Monday, May 28, 2012

The Cure

However far away, I will always love you.

However long I stay, I will always love you.

Whatever words I say, I will always love you.

I will always love you...

I continue to be sideswiped by the passage of time. Said by many to heal all wounds, I fear I may be the exception to this rule. Next month marks the 5 year anniversary of my sister's death. This month marks the 3 year anniversary of my grandmother's. I can still hear both of their voices in my head...

I feel left behind.

Time is winning this damned race. And you KNOW how I hate to lose.

This time last year I was living in a city I loathed, a year of school left, just out of a terrible relationship and just starting a new job. Today, none of this is true. And I have no idea what or when or how any of this happened.

I have gained friends, lost lovers, shot movies, forced decisions, and made mistakes. I also like to think I've made strides.

"I can't rain all the time." You told me that in 2006.

But no matter where I go, no matter the distance time puts between us...I will always love you. However long I stay, I will always love you. Whatever words I say, I will always love you.

Madison, Wanda Jean, Joe, David, Richard...I will always love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment